Internship opportunities available at Benedictine
Internships enable you to take your career for a test drive!
Social Media and Event Planning Intern
Benedictine seeks a creative intern with strong knowledge of the social media landscape and an interest in learning best practices for fundraising events planning.
- Responsibilities will include drafting a variety of external communications & social media posts, as well as special event support-oriented responsibilities.
- The intern will have access to social media marketing web-based training, and will be expected to apply these learned concepts directly on a day-to-day basis throughout the duration of the internship.
- The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking skills; proven experience in navigating social media platforms; experience observing current trends in social media to ensure the most effective methods are being used.
- Work directly with Director/Associate Director to craft social media messaging,
- Assist with website edits and updates
- Create and disseminate media releases
- Create and post using Facebook, Instagram, You Tube and other social media platforms/channels as appropriate
- Assist with fundraising, planning and logistics for upcoming events
- Assist in marketing efforts to promote events including PR, eblasts, social media and web advertisements
- Solicit in-kind donations for the events
- Aid in the recruitment and management of event volunteers
- Draft and send communication to volunteers and attendees before and after events
- A currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student, with a major in Marketing, Business, Communications, English, or related subject.
- Experience using desk top publishing, video and photo editing tools,
- Experience using multiple social platforms and photographic skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Adobe InDesign, Word Press and Facebook tools desired
Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
Human Resources Intern
The HR Intern will support the HR department by assisting in preparing files for audit by reviewing for compliance. Additionally, the HR Intern will assist in general HR duties such as obtaining reference checks, filing documents, and recruitment activities.
Shift: 2-3 days per week, 20-24 hours per week
Need more details? Here are the primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in tracking training requirements for each employee for compliance purposes.
- Maintain an “audit ready” system by maintaining accurate online files as well as hard copy files.
- Track compliance with requirements.
- Utilize HRIS system to enter training data
- Complete reference process in a timely manner
- Coordinate recruitment activities such as job fairs and open houses.
- Assist in maintaining HR presence on social media outlets
- Administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, etc.
Sound like the job for you? Here are the requirements you must meet:
- BS or BA required, or in senior year of completing degree with focus in HR.
- Must be technology savvy; strong proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize work activities and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend course of action to fix.
- Must have ability to gain trust and maintain confidentiality.
And very importantly…
- Must be a strong advocate of the Benedictine mission to help children and adults with developmental disabilities achieve their greatest potential, and be motivated to contribute to the mission with pride and integrity.